Fixed my ripped motorcycle seat
After 5 years of daily usage my seat gave-in. It ripped a seam on the right side.
Now I had the following options:
- Get it professionally re-upholstered for 60 € and fabric of my choice.
- Re-construct it professionally to be anatomically correct for 120 €
- Anatomical + gel foam for 160 €
- Buy the original seat from Aprilia for 150 €
- Buy an aftermarket taller one for 120 €
I didn’t like those options much because I had to cough-up 60€ at best, so I decided to fix it my self.
First I tried to “fix it” with the all-mighty duct-tape. It looked awful, and it didn’t last long. The adhesive wouldn’t stick properly.
I then tried to stitch it. I didn’t had any sturdy black thread, so I used red. In retrospect I should had bought some black thread, but at the time I couldn’t be bothered.
It didn’t turn-out half-bad. See for your self: